Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Points vs. Weeks

I paid $17,000 for mine in 2009, I take two vacation every year both Vacation Village resorts One in Weston, FL I use every year to see Pats play Miami and my airfare is free with the southwest card. And I take a week up north (drive 90 minutes) to Hancock MA, another Vacation Village resort for skiing on Martin Luther king weekend. The Jimmy peak ski is right across the street. Plus I just got back from Italy for 28 days of accommodation only cost me $1,000.00. One of them accommodation was Capri try and get that for a week for an exchange fee of $200.00 And if family or friend come I make them pay half It's only fair because I have prepaid for years of vacation and yearly maintenance fees. I figures I got most of my $17,000 back on the Italy and Paris trip. Italy trip cost me $6,000 ( not including airfare) and my daughter and her boyfriend was with( foot most of the cost) us for two of the four weeks I was there. One thing about timeshare and this is a fair statement it forces you to take Vacations. Not counting the $17,000 For me to book a week If you figure the yearly fee $800.00 plus exchange fee for Rci $139.00 my home resort you get it 60.00 off exchange regular rates so $939.00 / 7 days = Comes to $135.00 a week for a one or two or 3 bedroom unit. Like I said the one bedroom almost the same as a hotel if I get two bedroom and make family or friend help pay a little I get it cheaper then online. Now if I only go myself and no family or friend come. The Hancock mass. I would pay the 139.00 exchange fee. My two weeks cost me $800 +139.00+139.00 / 14 nights= Brings my total to $77.00 a night. I have better accommodations and if I do this for 10 years I would recoup all of my cost. I will be going back to Italy in 2015 Daughter getting married. I will probably stay a month again. So Timeshares works for me. Plus if I really wanted to get my prepaid money back faster. I can Book Vacation Village for 8 weeks per year. so $800+$1112.00 exchange fee /28nights= $68.00 a night include heat or AC, water,cable, electric, that I also save for two months not being in my house. Also been to Dominican Republic, Mexico, and Las Vegas another Vacation Village resort and Airfare for free Southwest goes there too. So Don what do you think? J.M.H.O