Report Abuse

Re: bait and switch

Eric, why would you upgrade if you were not happy in the first place? What did they promise you. ANYTHING they promise you HAS to be in writing. I found out the hard way. I don't have any direct lines for Ms Livier or Carlos- I just call the Hotel direct and ask to be transferred, but it is difficult. The best way to handle things with Mexico is in person UNLESS you speak the language. If not you will just end up frustrated. In order to get hold of Carlos or Ms Livier you have to call the resort directly and then have them transfer you which is a real pain as 99 % of the time no one answers their line and they don't have voicemails like in the US. It took me weeks to get a hold of them. So if you have been at the resort why not ask for Ms Livier,Head of Sales and Marketing, or Carlos manager of timeshare sales- that's the best way to go about it. Sit down with them, show them your contract and then what the problem is (by the way who is telling you you only have 20 weeks- Member Service? )I'm not sure what other problems you are having, but when I did, I called my credit card company. If you have a contract IN WRITING that says you have 40 weeks, and then another piece of paper that says you have 20 weeks, just call your credit card company, and ask them what to do- but I'm not sure now that its been 4 years. Has anyone mailed you anything that says you only have 20 weeks? Get that in writing , scan both papers, and email them to Ms livier- they are very good with working with email there. The hotel can give you her email. Or show them next time you go down .Once you take the offer and go there, you pretty much accepted the terms, so if you have had it for 4 years it may be pretty late to get out of it with PROFECO. I will tell you anything NOT in writing- anything promised to you by the salesman they WILL NOT honor. OUR salesman was a lying SOB, promised us a cruise, we left not realizing it wasn't on the contract and thought they would mail us a certificate. Carlos was Very emphatic they cannot control what the salesman promised UNLESS it was in writing and we signed everything, which we did, so our fault for not being more careful. However they are going to give me some vouchers for some resort credits. Perfect- no, but it was my fault. No one is going to do anything about the location- you were there and saw the beach was not swimable. Overall I would not to it again- Yes, I love the resort, but I could have bought it for half the price on the aftermarket. Everyone goes and gets all excited, they do give you tons of alcohol, which we all signed and said on the contract that they didn't, you sit in the hot sun for 4 hours. Then you have to deal with all the extra renewal fees for RCI, the deposit fees for RCI, and trying to put a search in 2-3 years out. Overall timeshares are great for some folks- if I had purchased this 12 years ago I would have made my money back as I have gone to Cabo 1-2 weeks for the past 12 years and paid about $250-300 a night for a hotel room. But now trying to plan out a vacation 2 years in advance is difficult. So looking back yea its a beautiful resort, but I'd rather have saved the $ You can't even rent it out on this website as the prices are so competiitve you barely even get paid what you have to pay for your week. Plus you can't rent or gift any RCI vacations, which we were not informed of either. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you are going down a lot the best bet is sit down with them at the Resort.