Report Abuse

Re: RCI weeks member with points questions

I'm not sure about this one, but there are some scammers out there insinuating that they are with RCI and they're NOT. They are trying to get people to purchase another timeshare. They tricked my parents into purchasing another timeshare that was in "points" which they told my parents was necessary to convert their existing "weeks" timeshare to points. The problem was that they told my parents it would only cost $1080 to do this, but they opened 2 new credit card accounts in their names and charged $9489 on them. BEWARE! These scammers were from Sunset Harbor Resorts in Willis, TX and Point Rental Liquidators. PRL is shut down now, but they've just opened shop under another name. You can read 80 pages of comments if you search Redweek's general discussion forums for "point rental liquidators"... beware of VSI which is another name that comes up often.. there are others that I can't remember right now. RCI actually wasn't involved in the scam. They are suing the scammers for trademark infringement for making the telephone caller ID say RCI and implying that they were affiliated with RCI.