Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

It is very strange, how we get taken into these kinds of things. Years ago, "Awesome Lady", and I, were at the Mayan Palace at NV. Just as an aside, that was the nicest entrance of any of their buildings, too bad it has been changed. However, we were well aware of the timeshare tactics and the costs. We still ended up buying into it. We bought a unit at the Sea Breeze. It is still a popular place. Last time we were there the restaurant had as many Grand Mayan and Luxxe wrist bands as it did Sea Breeze. We got talked into another upgrade and we went to the Grand Bliss. After our last visit there, I feel that the company is "mining" its "owners" and the fresh people, for as much money as they can. The resort restaurant prices are high, IMHO, for what you get. The entire project seems to be oriented into keeping everyone "on site" and spending the money there. Our last salesperson got very angry and hostile with us. We refused to upgrade. They brought over two more "managers" which just meant another half hour of fast talking and loose numbers being tossed around. We are happy enough with what we have. We will not upgrade. I, personally, wish that we had not bought at all. (If I was able to turn back time!) Yet, we did make up our own minds and we did sign the papers. It is a beautiful property and location. Nothing ever gets worn out there, they are always changing, taking apart, re-building, re-arranging, re-sculpting, etc. If we tried to do some of the things that happen there, in Canada, we would be stopped cold. But I do like visiting there.