Report Abuse

Re: Smugglers Notch and Wyndham

For years my family loved Smuggs. Then Wyndham came. We dread checking in, visit 2-3 times/yr so it's a regular annoyance (to the extreme). The check in experience is the first thing I think about as we drive up and the bitter taste in my mouth as we're settling in. Giving up the two consecutive weeks I own in the unit I want to be in for no guarantees of getting the weeks I want and having to move units in the middle of my two-week stay--how much do they want to pay me to convert? Well, they'd have to pay me! But no, they want $50k to sell me another week -I've got two floating weeks already! Unbelievable. Makes me want to sell what I have. Let me sum up the change quickly as my kids have keenly observed: the entrance sign used to have "welcome!" hanging in front of the "Smuggler's Notch Resort." When Wyndham came they put they "Wyndham" sign where it used to say welcome and the welcome sign after the Smugglers sign. Upon our visit last month my kids observed that the Welcome sign had disappeared entirely. How perfect.