Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

We just returned from our vacation at the Myan resorts in Cancun. We were there last year and have been to the Grand Myan in Nuevo, Vallarta. First let me say that these are just beautiful resorts, with amazing staff. Having said that, I am also going to say our trip is always close to being ruined by the High pressure sales lies of Vida Vacations!!! We were sold a pkg of 3 weeks of master rooms at the Myan Palace, along with a BIGGER AND BETTER HSI vacation package ( we already owned one) ,, 50% off golf package, membership with RCI and SFX. We were told if we marketed them with Global Marketing for a fee of 300.00 we would receive 1100.00 per unit per year to pay for all our traveling needs! We did, only to cost us 600.00 AND WE NEVER HAVE EVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN!! Let me say the HSI bigger and better pkg was just LIKE the one we had! THERE IS NO 50%. OFF GOLF PKG!!! They told us, it was not worth the paper it is written on!! We were also told we were sold WHITE weeks,, ok what is that? You can only book June - sept!! Nice!!, yes it is in the contract, they do not give you time to read! So here is the thing, we decided we would NOT go to another meeting with them in vacation. Well they kept calling,, a free brkfast is in your pkg,, and u need to tell them your concerns. Ok we went ,, BIG MISTAKE!! They do not care if u are happy,, they just want to sell you more, and belittle you! , made us leave a 10.00 tip for brkfast, wanted to renig on our promise of 10% off our bill! So what they are doing to themselves?? We just do NOT have to go anymore and we will spend our vacation dollars that 5 of us spent in their area someplace else!! Our host Edgar wqs so nice until we told him NO,, then the attitude changes! I WALKED OUT!! SHAME ON YOU VIDA VACATIONS AND THE GRAND MYAN!!