Report Abuse

Rental Agreements

I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on a situation. I had contacted someone about a posting and wanted to use the rental escrow service. She claimed that she didn't know what this was, even though she's rented out her units before. So the next day I confirmed the rental information that she gave me with the resort, which by the way was not in her name. After, I contacted her again she also said that she didn't know about paying with a credit card, but agreed to let me use Paypal. I then asked her if she would mail me the rental agreement or email it. She then told me that maybe I don't know how this works and all she does is transfer the name of the reservation and that I must think she's a crook and said let's not do this, said goodbye and hung the phone up. This conversation took no longer than two minutes and once I brought up the rental agreement, she changed her mind. This is the first time I'm using Redweek, but I was under the impression that the rental agreement was pretty standard. Additionally, I thought it was pretty common to use the rental escrow service. Am I wrong in my thinking? I'm sitting here in shock that she just got off the phone so quickly. Does this sound suspicious or was I really being offensive by asking for a rental agreement? Thanks for any comments.