Report Abuse

MVC Kauai Beach Club - Gift for Listening to Pitch?

[Q=judyf162] I agree with the other comment. Do Not Buy at these presentations. There are lots of people out there selling their timeshares online and you will get a much better price. We purchased at the Manhattan Club in NYC many years ago and they are way overpriced and I would sell mine for a tenth of what they are now. And the HOA fees will go up and up - guaranteed!![/Q] I believe there's a class action lawsuit by owners against the Manhattan Club .... from a Redweek member discussing such in March 2014: The 3rd lawsuit (Bisk vs The Manhattan Club Timeshare Association) is in progress as of this moment. All exhibits are publicly available as are the hilarious transcripts of the motion hearings in front of the judge. (Read as the Manhattan Club Timeshare Association attorney tells the judge there is absolutely no problem.) This case is before a New York State Judge. New York Supreme Court CASE# 652662-2013 Here's the link to get to the case file: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/SQLData.jsp?IndexNo=652662-2013 Facts presented include: There are 18,480 flex units sold, 286 units, 52 weeks = 69 units short each week, IF all units available went to owners. - The Manhattan Club Timeshare Association (a NY non-profit) board is controlled by the SPONSOR ( the Eichers) which hires a for profit company URBAN (owned by the Eichers) to run the Manhattan Club and reservation system for a fee of 20% of Owners Maintenance Fees plus general public Rental. See anything wrong here? IMHO - The owners of the real estate and payers of the real estate taxes need the ability to assure operation is in their rather than URBAN (Eichers) fiduciary interest. It is not a stretch to believe that a contract as brutal as a time share contract must have a balancing fairness provision to assure that the buyer can actually be delivered what it is that they johnd2026 1 month ago Mar 07, 2014