Report Abuse

Re: Groupwise inc, anyone here heard of them ?

Joyd14 - Mine did, in 2012, and the resort no longer bills me for the annual assessment fee. The "Buyer" showed in the paperwork as being a person in Orlando (rather than Groupwise, however), a Ramona Maiorella, and the Club accepted the transfer to her. In scanning the current member list, that person's name no longer appears as a member. That is not to say the transaction is not legitimate and/or that the acquisition by Groupwise from me has been anything but a completed and successful transfer. She could have resold, or whatever. Just passing this on for what it its worth. I no longer own this unit/week/right to use. Groupwise explained to me, under some questioning before I went forward, that its strategy is to accumulate blocks or time i a resort and then try to bargain for a reduced assessment in exchange for an agreement to funnel visitors to the resort from its vacation club - thus providing sales leads to the Developer. This seems to me to be a reasonable and credible business objective for both parties. I know for a fact that my resort has similar arrangements with RCI and Interval to get access to potential buyers.