Report Abuse

How to price my timeshare for SALE

I own a lot of timeshare weeks. Marriott and Wyndham and another, not in a large company. I sold one of my timeshares on my own. This is what I did. I first listed it and paid $400 for a "lifetime" and useless listing that didn't bring me a single inquiry until years after I sold it myself. Then, I listed it on a couple of my favorite sites: (Currently, Redweek, Bidshares, Vacationtimesharerentals, Arrangeyourvacation and craigslist.org). I got a market value from vacationtimesharerentals and sold it for double the amount they told me it was worth and $3500 less than I paid for it. I owned it for 10 years and had listed it for 4 before it sold. In the interim, I rented it and really didn't lose money on it. My point is try to find out what it is worth by attending the presentation. Find out the selling points that made you buy it and set a reasonable price. Answer all inquiries promptly, courteously, and honestly. I never use e-bay for timeshare rentals as they seem to offer unacceptably low returns. The marketplace seems to be getting even more competitive for renters and also people don't seem to want to spend as much on vacations as previously. I'm lowering my rental rates. Unfortunately, my maintenance fees don't ever go down, so it can be difficult ahead. Currently, I am listing a timeshare for re-sale. It is a great deal for a person new to timeshares because it can open doors to vacations that otherwise would not even be possible. I, on the other hand, no longer need this "beginner" unit as I own more weeks than I (or my 3 grown sons) ever can use and so........ Good luck pricing and selling your unit. PS I used the title company on Vacationtimesharerentals.com (which was low-priced and excellent). They handled everything. [Q=wendyh231] I bought a timeshare over 15 years ago and now want to sell it. Does anyone know where I can find statistics on recent unit sales at a particular resort to determine how much to ask? This site already has 1 ad for a similar unit at my resort but I have no idea whether the price they're asking is a fair indicator of market value or not.[/Q]