Report Abuse

Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

[Q=andreah255] Hi Bob. I'm incredibly angry about the fees too. I also bought through ILX. The fees with them were reasonable, IMO, but once DRI took over the fees just skyrocketed for supposed "upgrades" & they continue to go up. I started a Facebook page for anyone else that feels they've been scammed by DRI. https://www.facebook.com/angryaboutdiamondresorts Come like my page & let's get together & organize. Let's do something about DRI & the crooks they call management.[/Q] Gina, You can still use your timeshare as you always have. Yes, no one like the increased maintenance fees. I know I did not when DRI took over. However, I love going to my resorts now and they have been fixed up where I was beginning to be embarrassed when I was inviting friends and the resorts were showing signs of wear and tear and there was no fix in sight. ILX may have been charging you less, but that might be the reason for their bankruptcy. I would go to Timeshare Users Group (tug2.net) and get a feel what other timeshare companies charge in maintenance fees. I have been to the ILX resorts near me in Capistrano Beach and they are nice but need some TLC. There is a facebook page on nearly 2000 DRI owners. Many of us like DRI but there are issues that we don't like that we call to DRI to task on as well. There are owners from all over the world. We are called Diamond Resorts Members on Facebook.