Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

And MichaelD I heard you, and witnessed your HUGE loss and thus was able to get out within my 7 Day Recission Period. But I must say, that the blame on COPP is not justified. Anyone can file Discovery and Motions to Compel Discovery one a lawsuit has been answered. Did you try to look at the file to see what it is you are looking for? I believe you felt that there was a nondisclosure... time starts once the damage has been discovered--thus you may still have time? If not, a little guy should NEVER claim to be too little to fight the big guys. Most action can be filed and discovery done representating yourself. Should be easy to have verified the roof repair timeline. Members should stick together and not turn on each other.......so personally, I would just mention what you are: 1) selling air; 2) lack of use of expiring points due to noavailability; 3) lack of control over increasing assessments; 4) obligated into perpituary (sp?)..even heirs; 5) unable to resell or give away; 6) differnt policies for different collections (things keep changing--no stability); 7) members have no collaborative/bargaining rights (lack of customer service). Those are enough reasons to run away fast! Did I miss any? Again, thank everyone for this forum to help us newbees who are doing the research! You have managed to get back at them with this public service! [Q=michaeld414] [Q=susana277] Really, until and unless DRI roles back their maintenance fees to a rate that is within industry standards they will be unable to recapture any good will from their members. A satisfied customer will speak about the company to a few people but a dissatisfied customer will speak to many, many more. Which is why of course, DRI has a gag order attached to their termination document. The word does seem to be out about them more than before.[/Q] If anyone expects DRI to change, you live in Fairy Land... In my opinion DRI is an ongoing criminal fraud enterprise, like the Mafia or the Drug Cartels minus the violence, but criminal none the less... They will do and say anything they can to get your money... Yes, those who have been defrauded will speak loudly and often about their experiences, and DRI will threaten anyone who dares speak up, but they do not want to give credibility to any former member by actually taking them to court as that brings attention to their manner of business... Contrary to some opinions going to court alone as one party is expensive and time consuming, the COPP group had a great suit filed but settled out of court and betrayed all of its members by doing so... They never forced the case to court and discovery, where DRI was vulnerable to having to open their books... In my opinion any Vacation Timeshare is a fraud if they use the points system as opposed to the old system of units X weeks, points is like selling air, that is why they have adopted this business model[/Q]