Report Abuse

Harbourside Atlantis Resale - value and need closing company

[Q=susannel15] Feel like we were scammed from the beginning paying such a high price and now some are selling as low as $300.00. Second and more important to me - my understanding is I can post on Redweek to sell but then I need a company to do the final closing and transfer. Again very confusing as to what company to use that is legit. I have been contacted by Ken Brodersen, Timeshare Broker Sales. Has anyone heard of Him / or Timeshare Broker Sales. I have seen some negative postings re Timeshare Broker Services?[/Q] First of all, it is very common for a resale to be valued at far below what the original owner paid for the unit. Secondly, I'm not too sure of what closing companies do closings in the Bahamas. Maybe contact the resort and ask for a reputable closing company. One closing company that comes recommended by many veteran timeshare users is Legal Timeshare Transfers. I would contact and ask if they do closings for units in the Bahamas. As for this person who contacted you, make sure he does not ask for an upfront fee. Remember, any services for the sale of a timeshare would be paid for out of the proceeds of the sale. Also, if you do find a buyer, make sure you agree upon who pays for the closing costs and transfer fees (if the resort charges transfer fees).