Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

So what you can not understand about our schedule, makes everything either a distortion of the truth, or a huge misunderstanding... Yes we did try to schedule a 4 week stay for February 2009, we started looking and planning in June 2008 the earliest possible time out where we could plan a definite... We were assured by the sales team that we would have no trouble as this is why we bought there in the first place... It was an extended sabbatical that was planned for 3 years... We were lied to on so many levels and on so many different benefit options... We were lied to about whether the resort had just a points program, or were there owners of different categories like 'Deeded Owners'... My mistake was in not having our attorney read over the huge stack of small print obfuscated documents, as many have said the sales pitch, questions asked and answered did not match the closing session, should have been a bigger red flag to me... I did call then on the 6th day to rescind, and asked about 6 more questions related to some of the documents I was reading... They answered my questions, just telling me what I wanted to hear, and all later proved to be not the truth... Taking it to court is not a real option, in that it would end costing more than we paid for the membership @ 55,000 $$ in cash... I have been a Real Estate Developer builder and investor for 40 plus years, I just wrote this off as a very bad investment.... You are a shill for Diamond Resorts, you just want to brand any complaints as frivolous, you are as bad as the worst of them... Your nose has probably grown very long over these past years in their employ...