Report Abuse

Re: Is Getting Rid of Timeshares a Problem?

OK, is anyone here actively doing anything about what I consider to be the industry's worst problem, failing to have an exit strategy for timeshare ownership? Do you think there is anything owners, as a group, can do? I understand that there are a few exceptions, but by and large it is like someone said a long, long time ago, a timeshare trap for most owners. By and large, the product is not sold with an exit plan when the owner is done timesharing, which every owner will eventually be one way or the other. Sales people pretend to refuse to even consider that someone would ever not want to own a timeshare. Most resorts resort to ugliness and scare tactic to force people to pay for something they don't want and don't use when they get to that point. That can't be good for an industry that is already ill-regarded by the general populous and can't be good in the long run for the owners who like what they own. Refusing to take back a week for free, or with an owner paying one year's MF in advance, as man example, seems to reveal what that week is really worth. This one problem makes what should be a decent and honorable product for those who want it a nightmare for those who did but no longer do. &, again, I was not referring to this forum, or anyone here, as I have never been teamed up on or criticized and insulted here. and thanks PS: I just came back to clarify that it is not the proliferation of scammy resale companies like Florida's Pam Bondi are after. I'm talking about the legitimate industry, because if it offered a way for owners to leave gracefully, those owners would not have to resort to upfront fees and PCCs.