Report Abuse

Re: Festiva buying Escapes

[Q=nancyj282] I just attended a festiva"update meeting today. Bottom line I was told if I do not buy...[/Q] Remember, these sales people at presentations are notorious for lying, stretching the truth, obscuring relevant facts and figure, and skewing numbers. They will tell you anything, right or wrong, to get you to fork over big bucks for something that is practically worthless. If this resort will be ending its affiliation with RCI, that does not mean you will be without exchanging options. The resort might be switching affiliation to Interval International (II). If not, there are other smaller, independent exchange companies such as Dial-an-Exchange (daelive.com), Platinum Interchange, and San Francisco Exchange. The resort might also have an internal exchange program. As well, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) has a free program where members can do direct exchanges. If all that fails, a last resort would be to try to rent out your week and then apply that money towards renting a week that you want. Bottom line is there is no need to buy into whatever this sales person is selling.