Report Abuse

Selling a Timeshare

Buyatimeshare.com is an advertising site with a high upfront fee. Are they a scam? They do actually advertise your timeshare. Do they give you accurate pricing information when helping you decide to advertise with them? I doubt it although they will blame their customers when called on it. I own at a resort that has more than 20 for sale listings with them. The average price listed is about $12,000 with some listed as high as $23,000. You can regularly buy the best weeks on Ebay for $1 if you pay closing. The worst weeks will be free with no closing costs and a year's use included free. The most I could imagine it selling for on Redweek would be $2000 for the best season/size unit. None of the sub $5000 listed are the best. I don't think any of the listing will ever sell at the prices listed. I don't think you will get any more for advertising with them then you would with Redweek and the fee will be a lot less. It doesn't mean that it will sell on redweek. There are a lot of TS worth $1 or even less, meaning that MF's are more than what you could easily rent them for. I own a week with a mf of $400 which is pretty decent. It is in a seasonal location. In the summer they rent for $800-$2000. Most winter weeks sit empty although you could rent it off RCI for less than $200 for the week. There just is no demand for off season weeks at that location.