Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone dealt with SkyLine Vacation Club?

"We sat through a presentation and ended up buying a 50 year membership, of course while being worried about how we've potentially sunk around $35K of our hard-earned money." Even if all the benefits you mentioned are true, do you really think that those perks are worth $35,000? If you don't have $35k right now, think about all the money you are shelling out in interest. If you were able to pay the whole shebang now, think about how much interest that $35k could have been earning you. You say it's a 50-yr. membership. Do you know what your life will be like 50 years from now? Heck, you might not even be alive then. Do you know what will happen even 10 years from now. Circumstances in life change. You could lose your job. Your health situation could make traveling difficult or even impossible. And as for these costs of a 2-BR condo, I suggest you check thoroughly many reputable timeshare resale and rental websites such as here on RedWeek. There will be many being offered for rent for a lot less than $350 per night. And you only have to pay a modest annual $15 membership fee. E-Bay will charge you nothing. But, hey. It's your $35,000. I certainly wish I had a spare $35k sitting around that I could squander on a travel membership.