Report Abuse

Re: How to get rid of a timeshare you no longer want ....

[Q=cheryld279]...as long as there is nothing in the agreement that you signed when you purchased your timeshare that says you cannot deed to a corporation, there is really not much the Timeshare Owners Association can do to block you from Deeding your timeshare to CHT....There is nothing illegal about what Dr. Ken (retired Chiropractor) at CHT is doing. And if you want to talk unethical, the whole timeshare industry used very unethical practices to rook people into signing up for these locked in payments for decades.[/Q] Okay, maybe I'll rephrase this. Resort HOAs are now refusing to acknowledge transfers to certain entities mainly because of some of these schemes that are being run. Like it or not, the HOA has that right and a number of HOAs have been doing this since that time. But like I said, you did that transfer two years ago and HOAs have been taking action since that time. And since CHT intends to purposely default on the maintenance fees and let it go into foreclosure, why should an owner pay CHT $500 plus closing costs to do that when an owner can do that himself for free? And I know many people have qualms against what resorts are doing when trying to sell units but keep in mind that these sales people work for the developers and not the resorts' HOAs. They are two different entities. Many people mistakenly think that they are "sticking it to the resort" for rooking them into buying such a worthless, overpriced product by defaulting and causing foreclosure. But the resort did not sell the unit to you. It was the developer (or, if you wish, the salespeople who work for the developer). Unfortunately, when owners such as CHT default on maintenance fees, it's not the evil developer who pays the price but rather all the remaining owners at the resort. But, if someone wants to use the "services" of CHT, then I say do so at your own risk.