Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

I've been reading all these posts regarding Belaire/Hotel U or what ever other bullshit name that Antonio Copalla has come up with. I too was taken by these guys way back before they even started to build what currently sits on the site. Because I spend about 5 months a year in Mexico and know Lawyers in the area, I took it upon myself to take legal action against Belair/Hotel U as well as Antonio Copalla. I can tell you from first hand experience that you will get nothing from this class action suit. Your Lawyer had several meetings with PROFECO or claimed to have had meetings with them as did my Lawyer. I had the decision by PROFECO translated into English so that I could read the damn thing. It basically says that Belair/Hotel U is guilty and must pay a fine to PROFECO of "X" amount of pesos (I can't remember the amount its been so long now). This ring around the rosie went on for 3 times, each with the same outcome, each time Hotel U/Belaire or Copalla never bothered to show up, each time they were assessed a fine. You can check with your legal council but I don't think PROFECO has the ability to collect these fines. As far as placing a lien on the property, good luck, get in line with all the others who have already placed a lien on the assets. You would be far better off buying lottery tickets, you have a better chance at recouping your money from the lottery than you have getting anything out of this futile effort. The Mexican government will not help any Gringos with these crooks as the crooks pay off the local authorities. If you want revenge with Mr. Copala, I suggest you hire someone in Mexico who takes care of these types of problems "off the record" so to speak. Good luck, but don't hold your breath.