Report Abuse

Re: Ka'anapali Beach Owners Check Here

I also belong to this Facebook group. Nice group and a wealth of information. [Q=stevec575] Hello all, I will repost what I posted on the Facebook page 'DRI Friends Worldwide'. Thank you for taking the time to research the candidates and make the best choice for all of our interests! I have been vacationing at the property since 1988 (I was 12 years old on our first trip-before it officially opened as the Embassy Suites Hotel). We have gone back almost every year since and I now spend every Easter there with my family. I own 3 deeded weeks and my parents have several weeks both deeded and in the points system. We have seen a lot of improvements over the years, but also a lot of amenities disappear despite consistent and often excessive fee increases. We need to ensure our money is being well spent and any savings get passed back to the owners...I'd like to see a few fee reductions if possible! There are several things I'd like to see changed right away- the owner's update should be just that..not a high pressure sales pitch from a used car salesman. Am I the only one that misses the manager's happy hour? The included (no add'l charge) breakfast buffet of years past was a fantastic and unique feature of the property. How difficult/ expensive would it be to have things like snorkel gear, paddle boards, kayaks available to owners and their guests to use either free or nearly free? ..also things like beach coolers/ umbrellas to check out for outings...an in-house blog/ review board for honest restaurant ratings and suggestions...The green tile floors will need to be updated soon...with nearly 100% occupancy, why cant we have a destination-quality restaurant in-house?...I have a lot more ideas but I think I'm running out of room! If you agree that I would represent our interests well please vote for me. If you have any questions feel free to ask- either publicly on this post or private message me. If you choose me to represent our interests I will always be available for questions, suggestions, and help with any problems that you want addressed.[/Q]