Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

I've been an owner with Vida for many years now. I began as owner at Mayan Palace, upgraded to Grand Mayan 2 bedroom and a few years ago upgraded to Grand Bliss 2 bedroom. I love these properties and look forward to my yearly vacation. On the plus side of my deal I only pay a usage fee...that means only when I book my stay do I pay a fee. I am not billed if I plan to not use my 2 weeks. On the downside I never can secure a reservation at the Grand ?Bliss so I'm downgraded to the Grand Mayan even if I book the required 8 mos in advance. This has occurred several years in a row at the ?Riviera Mayan property. They simply do not have enough rooms available for Grand Bliss owners....but if I call my exchange company SFX and see if I can secure an exchange using my other timeshare, it is available. They are interested in getting new people in to purchase and always will try to upgrade you. I am in for $30,000 and refuse to spend any more so I will not attend the so called " update sessions". The staff is remarkable and always refers to us by name and welcomes us "home" each year.