Report Abuse

Give us an opportunity to make things right!

Dear Karen .... I Called customer relations today. I returned from my trip Sunday. I cut my experience at grand bliss/ grand Mayan short and left there on Thursday instead of Saturday. Went to my happy place Leblanc spa in the hotel zone. I am really sick of a few things. As a charter member of the resort ( we bought pre construction 15 years ago)... I do not feel we are treated very well. The lies are just annoying at this point and the way we are treated as long time loyal owners is just pathetic and sad. We began at Mayan palace... Then upgraded to grand Mayan ...then small other upgrades along the way... In 2009 we paid to upgrade (reluctantly) to grand bliss. Here is where the lies really began. There are 2 reasons we upgraded. 1 we were told the grand bliss would have better trading power because it would have an ocean view... Just like the model unit. LIE!!!! The other reason was we made a low offer. Told it was accepted and then after much confusion ( and 5 hours in the hostage room) we were yelled at by a very rude man and told to leave!!!! I left that room humiliated and crying!!! Some vacation experience.... The manager contacted me and offered the grand bliss to us at slightly higher then our offer... We decided to do it. We feel like fools now!!! Why you might ask. Because since 2009 we have only been able to stay at the grand bliss 1 time. They didn't get built right away and there are only a couple of buildings now. I live closest to riviera maya and they are simply never available. I can down grade back to grand Mayan at 20% off the rate .... Yippee!!! I gave $7100 more dollars to own something I can never use!!!! Lucky me. Then when I get there I have to spend 45 minutes at the front desk begging to get in buildings 1-5 ( to avoid the jungle building and the friggin shuttles)... Somehow a room magically appeared!!!! Not sure why that simple request from a charter member is so difficult to handle ???? I even called a few days before I arrived and spoke to the front desk. That certainly helped .... Then the room had no robes and no fresh flowers ... No water... no view ... Very sad. Jose the sales rep that was assigned to us seemed nice. He said your being respected as charter members now and we see in the past you had trouble at one of the presentations, therefore you are not going to be bothered about going. We were like ok. Then a few days went by and I get a voice message from someone and it's to invite us to a special members update. The person says that he knows Jose offered us 2 tickets to the circ de sole show or 3000 pesos ... Um no Jose never offered us anything. We decide to hear the update and take the money. Our rep Roger Benson seemed awesome!!! Seemed is the operative word. He was from our hometown his mom went to our high school !!! What a crazy coincident ???? I wonder how much of what mr benson told us was true.... Funny he was going to give us his private cell number to help us with reservations etc... What a cool guy!!!! Oh he isn't a sales rep. He is a member helper ... He isn't there to sell anything. He is just going to help us with what we already have. Yeah right. When he pitched grand luxe to us he wanted us to pay either $19,900 or $26,000 to upgrade. We said no . Not going to happen. Well here come more lies... They are planning to demolish Mayan palace and grand Mayan. Everything will become grand luxe. No one wants the other stuff. We are only one of 84 people( idiots) in the U.S that bought the grand bliss. Everyone prefers luxe. According to customer relations that is not true!!!! We all have contracts!!! This is all such BS!!!! If a grand luxe owne can't get a unit when they book you pay them 10 times their maintance fee??? They are not in the exchange program ??? Um yes they are!!! Interval and registry have them. Also mr benson became aggressive and when he did we got up and left. All set. I would love my $7100 back for grand bliss. I would love to simply be done with the lies .... I am just disgusted that everyone I met at the new pool / beach club traded into grand bliss ... I am a friggin owner and could not get it!!!! So much for being an owner giving me preferential treatment !!!! The grounds are beautiful, the staff are friendly . Wish someone would make things right for us !!!! We feel very wronged !!!!!