Report Abuse

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Your comment made me chuckle, it's so true! Well at least you got out of there "alive" and didn't buy into their deception and lies. Unfortunately for me I didn't. After the 5 hours my brain was fried and I couldn't think straight any more, even worst we were hungry, my little boy had fallen asleep on the table and my husbands just disconnected and said, if you want it just get it, just sign so we can get out of here! This whole situation sounds so ridiculous now, even embarrassing. They told me that they were giving me a best price guarantee for my existing timeshare that I own in Las Vegas and that they had given me a retail value discount towards the purchase of my membership with them. If I could sell it on my own for more I could keep the profit but if within one year I didn't sell it then they'd take it over. Although initially what they told me didn't make sense and I kept asking how this could be but they kept giving me the same answer so I figured it must be true. At the very end the sales lady said "look we're going to give you the discount and we'll write if off as tax write-off". You can keep your existing timeshare and sell it on your own on the resale market and then if you want you can use whatever you get for it to pay down some of your new membership with us. Or if you want to keep it then just keep it and I'll go and get the form for that right now. After I came back home and started researching the company and read many other complaints I realized that there was no such form, no tax write off for them, nor any real attempt to ever take ownership of my timeshare. It was all lies and deception, a grand scheme to confuse me and get me to sign. Anyway too late for me. I feel so upset, sad and angry all at the same time. How could I let them fool me that way? I consider myself a smart person but apparently that much :/. To anyone reading this, STAY AWAY from anyone offering free anything and don't walk away, RUN. [Q=cherw3] Agree with the last comment! 1/2 day of our vacation lost... Oh well, live and learn. I thought I would receive literature to take away with to learn more about the company and what they were offering but they wanted me to sign right now on the dotted line! Even when I declined at the end of the very long and exhausting presentation, the manager came to offer us yet another deal! Again we declined. Then we thought again it was over with, upon exiting, another person asked us more questions and kept giving us a 'new deal'! What an awful experience! Long and drawn out! You can't even think after five hours later![/Q]