Report Abuse

I feel wronged by this posting

I was recently looking for accommodations for our summer vacation. I searched a lot of places and I decided to go with vacationhomesonly.com. I had a good interaction on the phone, arranged our week and preferences and then gave my deposit. I was in their 48 hr confirmation period and I thought I would do some research. That's when I came across this forum, it made me nervous and I started scrambling to back out of my reservation and I booked with a different Redweek posting. I called vacationhomesonly.com and left a message figuring they would say I would lose my deposit. The representative was professional and respectful. He explained we were in the confirmation window of 48 hrs that usually takes place to verify the reservation. He said that they didn't have to refund my deposit and he was right, but he did anyways. The charges have already been reversed. I say all this because I feel I was misled into thinking this company wasn't going to do what they said they were going to do because of this forum. The person I spoke with was Nick and I will be seeking them out for future trips.