Report Abuse

Re: First time renter in need of good advice - how to verify who I am renting from

[Q=ruthh91] I am a first time poster of my timeshare for rent. In my photos, I have provided a copy of my reservation confirmation to prove that I am the owner of the unit and the reservation has already been made for that week. Some of the information has been "whited out" to protect me and my reservation. Ask any owner that you are interested in renting from to see a copy of the reservation if it is for a specific week. Once you have decided to commit to an owner, the owner should change the reservation into your name and provide you with a copy of that as proof that you are now the owner of the reservation after payment has been made. That is how I plan to operate. Does anyone see any flaws in that plan?[/Q] No flaws in your plan at all......BUT prospective renters should be aware that owners of fixed weeks / fixed units don't actually HAVE or receive any "reservation confirmation" paperwork to provide to someone else, since such owners have the same unit for the same week each year. In such instances, I recommend that the prospective tenant simply call the resort to confirm / verify the owner identity already obtained. The resort should not and will not PROVIDE any owner information, but they will certainly at least VERIFY information you ALREADY obtained before calling the resort. Alternatively, a prospective renter can ask an owner to provide a copy of a maintenance fee bill as proof of their ownership.