Report Abuse

Re: Rekindling my educational efforts

The timeshare industry has changed a lot in three years. Corporate greed has taken over the industry. The norm is ever increasing fees and assessments that out pace inflation big time. There is also the problem of availability that many owners complain about. It seems there are very few desirable locations available and a lot of excuses. Have you considered Airbnb as an option. I have heard a lot of good things about them. You rent peoples homes instead of hotels for reasonable rates. I am personally checking out some locations myself. As far as a condo there are many pluses. Your property will appreciate and you actually have something of value. The timeshare not only has no resale value but if you decide to get rid of it one day you will find that is nearly impossible in most cases. You could even consider renting out you condo on Airbnb when you're not using it. You seem intelligent enough to ask questions before making a jump so I'm sure you will make the right choice for yourself.