Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I have read all the recent posts of the past 3-4 weeks with great interest. While the speculation of getting a buyout by TMC of owners who might want an out sounds good, I suspect it would not be an option for me. I bought my timeshare directly from the original owner, not from TMC, because TMC management had a reputation even back then of refusing to allow a private sale to go thru so that they could resell the timeshare for a higher price. My first stay at the Club, I asked for a tour and was refused. I asked for a copy of the Offering and other documents given to first time buyers and was refused. This was in October of 2005! I am curious - are there other current owners who purchased through the secondary market as I did? My maintenance fee has gone from a doable $800+/- to around $2,500 for a Junior Executive Suite/Gold Level, which allowed up to 3 weekends a year, 7 single nights or a week. That flexibility lasted until about 2008, when it started to be more difficult to book time on the fly. I complained then about having to book a full week a year in advance. I have not been able to get a week at my preferable time of year in at least 5 years.