Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

I have written to and spoken extensively with the AG's office regarding my experience in purchasing a week's share at $25k and my inability to exercise my rights under the contract. TMC obviously broke all of our contracts as soon as they denied any of us access to a room at a time any rooms were being rented out to the general public via Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, walk ins, etc. Taking our hard-earned money ... lying to us on reservations and maintenance fees, etc. ... and all the while selling OUR room shares on the internet. Deceit, double-dipping, fraud, arrogance-not a company I want any part of. I do not know the process but I would hope that the AG's investigation will culminate in a financial settlement to include our being made whole. Even if there are only 18,000 legit owners (versus numbers I've heard TMC sold as high as 28,000) ... and if we take an estimated $20k invested per owner ... that's $360 million in restitution. A suit, if necessary for the AG, resulting in reimbursement of prosecution fees, punitive damages, etc. would only add to that amount. Everyone does need to continue to write letters because our numbers are few. While there are 18,000+ timeshare owners there are a relative handful of us that know what's going on.