Report Abuse

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

For you newcomers to this site, I'm reposting the link to the NY AG's 2015 court filing that really lays out the magnitude of Eichner's fraud against us. This filing is a MUST READ for any Manhattan Club owner. Here is the link to that 2015 AG court filing: You may have to paste it into your browser. https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=arMAhc2Z8epneiTXUbb_PLUS_yQ==&system=prod We all have the same complaint, for years, despite paying our fees, we have been routinely cheated out of the use of our timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at our expense. The icing on the cake for me and my wife, and what finally convinced us to stop paying TMC, was when we read the NY Attorney General's July, 2015 court filing, which itemizes a remarkable list of allegations of civil and criminal conduct on the part of The Manhattan Club. This includes the charge that for years, Eichner has been personally skimming over 6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company called Urban. This company had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property, yet our timeshare corporation was paying them $6 million a year! In reading through the filing, I got sick as I learned how badly we have been cheated and how unscrupulous and devious the principals at TMC were as they perpetrated their fraud against us. In my case, it went on for over 10 years. The enormity of the fraud and the magnitude of the numbers is staggering... at least 14,000 owners, 250 rooms, 52 weeks a year ( in some cases they actually sold more than 52 weeks!) at $2500-$4000 annual maintenance payments each. By simply withholding two years' maintenance payments on the 2 weeks we own, and stopping the mortgage payments, I'm nearly $8,000 ahead. Knowing what we now know, I'm amazed that anyone would continue to send these crooks money. Revoke your credit card authorization, and stop sending them checks. I urge you all to stop funding TMC's fight against us and the Attorney General. Bob Biello rbiello2@gmail.com