Report Abuse

Re: Anfi Del Mar, Gran Canaria

The Anfi Way (Part 1) I started the Anfi Del Mar Training course Monday 28th July 2014. All trainees were given a number brochures and training manuals. The 3 prominent brochures we used during our training were; 1) A manual titled “Anfi Del Mar Sales” Induction- Overview. 2) A manual titled “Training Manual (part 1)”. 3) A manual headed “Welcome to Anfi”. When these brochures were given out, we were all told “A professional Sales Representative will always keep these training manuals and refer to them on a regular basis to remind us and re-train ourselves”. This statement was repeated on a number of occasions during the training. From manual 1) (listed above) on page 9 quotes; What is the Anfi Vacation Club? The answer quoted is; “The Anfi Vacation Club Service Centre is your one-stop shop for travel services, providing everything you need to make every holiday a success. Services include reservations, exchanges, airport transfers, and groceries delivered prior to your arrival. In addition to this a series of competitively priced travel services are available such as flights, last-minute offers, car rental, stopovers, long weekends, excursions, activity breaks and much more. The Anfi Vacation Club’s services are geared towards providing an exclusive service to Anfi Vacation Club members in one easy phone call. On page 12 of this manual it asks in a heading “Who is RCI” “RCI,s is Anfi,s selected partner for the External Exchange programme. It boasts an impressive range of resorts for those Anfi members who’d to like to broaden their horizons and venture to new destinations. Through the Anfi Vacation Club, you can choose to exchange a stay at your Anfi suite for a holiday at any of the over 4,000 resorts of the worldwide RCI exchange network. From manual 2) (listed above) on page 15 quotes; “Exchange” “1 Bed X 4” and an arrow pointing to a box which is headed; “ANFI VACATION CLUB”. In this same box but underneath it reads; “3700 resorts” “94 Countries worldwide” “Cruises” This box has 2 arrows pointing down to an oblong box which reads: “Florida 5+++++ Hawaii 5+++++ Portugal+++++” In this same oblong box but underneath the 3 locations it reads; “Flights Insurance Car Hire” The only other writing on this “A4 pencil pitch page” is a small box top right corner including the words “Bonus weeks 82 to 560” and underneath “Subject to availability” Then in small writing in the bottom left hand corner it reads; Essentials: Everything should be linked to discovery when explaining. Keep it simple, with no confusion. The purpose of the “A4 pencil pitch page” is to highlight the main contents which I have put in inverted commas. From manual 3) (listed above) on page 11 section 6.3 quotes; “Welcome to Anfi” “Travel products and services – through relationships with selected partners, Members can benefit from the chance to purchase a wide range of travel products and service, e.g. flights, car rental, hotels, package holidays. The 3 extracts quoted, contain 3 references to flights, one from each of the 3 manuals. During our training, we were shown a number of pencil pitches we were to present to each and every client we took on a presentation. One of these pencil pitches was how the guests, by purchasing 1 week of ownership, and buying an “extra/bonus” week”, could have a 2 week holiday at Anfi Del Mar. If you are “super duper cart wheeled” into a “drink and walk around the island” (presentation), ask the representative for AUDITED figures showing how many extra/bonus weeks were used/taken at Anfi Del Mar the previous year. If you are “presented” with “these figures”, ask if you can keep the copy and watch their reaction. In November 2014, I was told by the then In-House Manager, only 2 extra/bonus weeks had been used/allocated in 2013. The British Cold Line Sales Manager (BCLSM)) was our instructor who completed the training course. In order to be able to take clients on presentations, each and every individual on the training course had to complete a presentation with the BCLSM and be “signed off” off by him. If our presentation was not to his way/liking, we would not be “signed off” by him. I was “signed off” and began taking presentations on Friday 8th August 2014. During our training it was explained to us on a number of occasions it had to be the “Anfi Way”. The BCLSM quoted, his way worked and that’s why he was so successful. With reference to “professionals revisiting their training manuals” all Sales professionals do keep a diary with their daily presentations and notes. These notes when timed and dated can be referred to as “contemporaneous notes”. Good references re this subject; Timeshare Talk - Anfi changes to resales June 11, 2012 Timeshare Talk Anfi Mis selling November 15, 2009 Timeshare Talk Anfi Touts October 25, 2011 (OPC works for “anyone”) anfiscam.blogspot - Anfi turmoil update Holiday Watchdog Anfi Beach Club Reviews – Arguineguin, Gran Canaria Tripadvisor for “Beware of Anfi rep at Thomas Cook welcome meeting” 13th December 2011. (More to follow on this subject) Tripadvisor for “anfi vacation club – beware!!! Please read and learn” 22nd November 2012. (“rep” in article will be discussed at a later date) anfiukmembers, buying-a-timeshare at anfi? thedibb Anfi Timeshare (?) - Advice needed 11 Sep 13 (Check the dates on the comments listed. They are mostly, a number of years before I joined AND YET, they have continued with the same tactics, including my time there.) The Ambush. During my time at Anfi, there was an incident I will refer to as “the ambush”. I was passing the In-House (IH) Department sales area when I was approached by the IH Sales Manager and 2 IH Sales Representatives (SR). The IH Manager appeared agitated and invited me to sit down while we had a talk. All 4 of us sat down. The IH Manager went on to say that what I was “pitching” was not correct and that I should change it because it affects the IH sales presentations. I pointed out to the IH Manager I was pitching exactly the way I was trained, The “Anfi way”. I added that if the IH Manager had an issue with this, they should take the issue up with the Cold Line (CL) Manager. All 3 of them became agitated and started “having a go at me” which was becoming louder and louder in the IH sales area. I remained quiet at this time because all 3 of them were very loud and vociferous. We were then joined by another IH SR. This IH SR’s partner was a colleague of mine on the CL. I remained calm, polite and respectful repeating to the now 4 people present that if the IH Manager had an issue with the way I was trained, then they should take the issue up with the CL Manager because he was my trainer and Manager. The IH representative who had just joined us then defended me and also said to his colleagues that they should take the issue up with the CL Manager, because “I was only doing as I was told”. I chose this moment to leave the situation and walked off. I immediately went to see the CL Sales Manager and pointed out to him what had just occurred. He replied that he would deal with the issue. I never heard any more about this issue, but I was never “ambushed” again, however, I did hear of a couple of more “ambushes” occurring. The constant friction and issues between the Cold Line and In-House departments was common knowledge within Anfi sales. Because the Cold Line presentation is set up in such a way, the In-House representatives find it difficult to sell an upgrade to “new” owners. If the original Cold Line Sales Representative no longer works for Anfi, the In-House Representative will discredit the original sales person. I have had sufficient contact with people who purchased from myself to know this is a fact. I completed the Anfi training and was “signed off” on Thursday 7th August 2014. Friday 8th August 2014, I took my first cold line presentation at Anfi. There was no sale. Monday 11th August 2014, I took my second cold line presentation and made a sale. Tuesday 12th August 2014, I took my third cold line presentation and made a sale. Wednesday 13th August 2014, I took my fourth cold line presentation and made a sale. Thursday 14th August 2014, I took my fifth cold line presentation and made a sale. On Friday 15th August 2014, having not made a sale, I was standing alone on the outside area of the cold line sales office when I was approached by British Cold Line Sales Manager. He said to me “where are you going to work after you have been sacked from here?”. He then walked off laughing. I was quite surprised and shocked at these comments. From that day onwards, he continued to harass and upset me to the point where I became very concerned regarding my own personal health. I will refer to this in more detail and specifically post about the 2 following dates. Wednesday 15th April 2015 and Friday 17th April 2015 when I had to seek medical assistance and Cardiac tests at the local Clinic/Hospital in Arguineguin.