Report Abuse

Re: Anfi Del Mar, Gran Canaria

If you were not one of the British Cold Line Sales Managers (BCLSM) “chosen few”, you were an easy target. I arrived at work one morning and was speaking with a 62 years old male colleague outside the sales area before the morning meeting. The Man began telling me about the treatment he had received from the BCLSM the day before. As he was talking he had tears in his eyes and his bottom lip was trembling. I could clearly see this Man was so upset at what he was describing. A few weeks before Wednesday 15th April 2015, a male Sales Representative (SR) was transferred to the British Cold Line from the In-House (IH) Sales Department. Apparently this was due to his lack of interpersonal skills with his IH colleagues. To say he would “not be required by the Diplomatic office” would have been the understatement of the year. He also had one of those loud voices which could always be overheard from a group. I will call him thug. However, he was a friend of the BCLSM and received special treatment which only applied to the chosen few. At 08.55 hours on Wednesday 15th April 2015, I was sitting inside the sales area awaiting the morning meeting. Sitting to my left was a young female SR and to my right was the 62 years old SR. All 3 of us were having a good conversation which was of a happy nature and was being enjoyed by all 3 of us. Thug arrived and sat next to the 62 years old Man. On sitting down, he immediately began a tirade of insults and abuse aimed at me. He was using my name while being abusive and insulting, leaving no doubt as to who that days target was. I asked thug to stop his comments to which he became even louder with his obnoxious comments and abuse and after the third time of asking him to stop, thug shouted “F***** SHUT UP OR I WILL PUT YOU THROUGH THE F***** WINDOW”. The whole Sales area which was then occupied by approximately 50 SR’s, went quiet. I again told thug to stop. Eventually thug stopped. After the morning meeting had finished, I attempted to report the incident to the Sales Director, without success. At 09.40 hours I completed a 2 page statement which I presented to the Human Resources Department on completion. While I was sat in the reception area writing this 2 page statement, the female Assistant Cold Line Sales Manager was walking around the reception area talking in a very loud manner to anybody that would listen. I could hear every word she was saying. The comments were basically against my reporting this serious threat of violence. I felt “how dare I report having just been threatened with violence.” Was thug dismissed? NO. He was treated more like a hero by the BCLSM and the Assistant BCLSM. Nothing was ever discussed with myself again regarding this complaint. It was after this incident the Assistant BCLSM started the using the “there are no I’s in Team” at the British Cold Line Sales meetings. Abuse of Authority? With reference to my “reply #4” of this thread, under the heading “Employment Laws being breached”, having attended the BBQ on Thursday 16th April 2015, I was at the morning meeting for 09.00 hours Friday 17th April 2015. At 11.40 hours that morning, due to the Verifications Department not having completed certain contractual paperwork from the sale on Wednesday 15th April 2015, I was completing the same when I saw the BCLSM and gave him a verbal situation report. I also informed him I was not feeling well and had chest pains. He replied if I was still feeling unwell after the completion of the paperwork, I should go and see the Doctor at the on-sight Clinic at Anfi Del Mar. At 12.15 Hours that day, having completed the paperwork, I went to see the Doctor as instructed. Due to administration issues, I was informed by the Receptionist at the Clinic in Anfi Del Mar the Doctor would not be able to see me. I was told if I needed Medical Assistance I should attend the “Urgencias” Department at Arguineguin Clinic/Hospital. At 12.25 hours I attended the Clinic/Hospital in Arguineguin. At 13.05 Hours that day, I sent the BCLSM a Mobile text message which included “I was hoping the 4 hours of my own free time I spent at the BBQ last night would make up for this afternoon. I am not well. I think its stress and heading home J****” After our 2 allocated days off, Saturday and Sunday, I returned to work on Monday 20th April 2015. I was clearing away my brochures after completing a pencil pitch presentation in order to meet my guests outside and go on a walking tour of the resort, when I was approached by the Administrative Secretary. Her office is located in the Cold Line sales area. I was informed by her, that on the BCLSM instructions, she had deducted a day’s leave from my allocated leave for the previous Friday 17th April 2015. I enquired via an email I sent to the Human Resources Department and the Administrative Secretary as to whether this deduction of a day’s leave for Friday 17th April 2015 was an abuse of Authority by the British Cold Line Sales Manager. I never received a reply, whether verbally or in writing.