Report Abuse

Re: Recent Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta purchase at resort ? Anybody have some good/bad things to say about Mayan Palaces ??

[Q=patn108]Is it easy to resell my time share with Mayan Palace? My sister and I bought one in 2011, and we have trouble using it.[/Q] That would depend on the size of the unit as well as the week (time of year). Keep in mind that the majority of units in Mexico are worth about zero dollars, some you may even have to pay people to take off your hands. Also note that the majority of units in Mexico are Right to Use (RTU) instead of deeded weeks so all you really "own" is a contract to pay and use a unit. Make sure you watch out for all the scams out there aimed at timeshare owners (especially in Mexico) claiming they can sell or rent out your unit for tens of thousands of dollars or they can "cancel" your timeshare. Those are all scams. If you want to get rid of it and, hence its accompanying maintenance fees, try asking the resort if it will take your unit back. Or try listing it for sale/giveaway.