Report Abuse

Re: Recent Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta purchase at resort ? Anybody have some good/bad things to say about Mayan Palaces ??

[Q=patn108] Is it easy to resell my time share with Mayan Palace? My sister and I bought one in 2011, and we have trouble using it.[/Q] They only worth a Mayan Palace has is for someone who may want to use the in house equity to upgrade with Vida. Look at your contract to see what the transfer fee is. Different years have different amounts, it may be the cost of a single MF or it could be 5 times the cost of the current MF or it could be 10% of the purchase price. If you have a contract where the transfer fee is less than $1000 and you have paid off the week, you would still be lucky to net $500. If you haven't paid of the mortgage you can't do anything with it. If you have paid it off you may want to contact Vida to see if they are accepting deed backs. As mentioned don't pay anyone upfront, and if you get offers that seem too good to be true, you would be correct. That would be a scam to get you hooked and then somewhere along the line a fee or tax that has to be prepaid by the seller will come up that they say you will be reimbursed for later. If you pay another fee will pop up. As soon as you refuse to pay, the buyer will disappear.