Report Abuse

Re: Anfi Del Mar, Gran Canaria

When a Sales Representative (SR) begins working for Anfi, they are originally put on a temporary contract. The SR is then expected to make a number of sales in an allocated time span. If you do not reach the required targets, your services are no longer required. Having reached the required targets, the SR will then rise in the daily/weekly ‘Sales Line Order’. This means the SR will be allocated guests earlier in the morning than those SR’s below them in the line order. The ideal situation for any SR, is to be top of the sales line. The first guests arriving at Anfi Del Mar reception are usually those brought in through the Thomas Cook ‘Holiday Programme’. The booking of Thomas Cook (T/C) guests are made by T/C representatives, sometimes days earlier. These guests are ‘pre’ qualified by the T/C representatives who obtain as much information as possible on these guests. The guests arrival at Anfi Del Mar are at staggered times so as not to cause a congregation and confusion in the Anfi reception area. You will never guess which Anfi employee was in charge of all Thomas Cook bookings arriving at Anfi. Yup, the British Cold Line Sales Manager’s wife. All and as much information on the T/C guests was well noted before their arrival at Anfi. I wonder if this was the reason the BCLSM would have clandestine talks with one of the chosen few before they collected their guests from the reception? The reception staff are supposed to go through a procedure of booking these and all guests in. This procedure includes “are the guests aware they are attending a 90 minutes presentation in order to qualify for their gifts”. Because the T/C guests had been prequalified by T/C representatives, the reception staff would only ask these guests their names to clarify who they were. The reception staff would never go through the reception ‘check in list’. Because the T/C guests were prequalified by their own representatives, information would be passed on to the British Cold Line Sales Manager (BCLSM). He would then ‘cherry pick’ who received which guests by matching up the arrival times of the guests to coincide with the S/R Line Order. On some occasions, the BCLSM would place a SR at the bottom of the sale line order for some feeble reason. Being at the bottom of the sales line meant it would be almost impossible to meet any guests that working day. In other words, the BCLSM was always in charge of not only your salary, but your destiny. Again, I will quote Mark Twain; “lies, damn lies and statistics are used to affirm a weak argument” Thomas Cook guests (referred to in reply #3 of this thread.) At the Sales Directors request, on Thursday 9th July 2015 I submitted an email report to him. This report included a family, Stewart (Father), Lisa (Mother), Isla (4years old), Louis (2years old) and Seth (1years old). My report included the following; “I was preparing to leave the Maroa and began “setting the scene” when both Stewart and Lisa showed disdain and asked me what I was talking about. I asked them what they had been told about their visit to Anfi that day. Lisa said they had been told to come down, feed the fish have a drink and walk around the island for half an hour then they could spend the rest of the day on the beach. I asked “who said that”. Lisa said A****** from Thomas Cook told us ………and repeated the above. Fortunately, having had a great warm up I was able to calm both Stewart and Lisa down. I briefly set the scene and stressed very quickly the kiddie’s room in our office and how 80% + parents struggle to get their children out of our kiddie’s room due to Maria’s wonderful skills with children. Having completed my intent statement and about to walk, both Isla and Louis started crying because they realised they were not going to the beach. From that point until we returned to by the bridge, both children continued crying and became a "handful". On arrival at the bridge, Lisa said to me “I don’t like lying to my kids and I feel as if I have lied to them”. I also included the following in this report; “If I may express my own personal opinion, with regards to truth and credibility with guests, most parents I meet in this industry are decent parents who do not like their children being upset by others actions”. As stated previously, my email to the Sales Director quoted how at least 80% plus of the invited guests had no idea what they were coming to. Thomas Cook also provide clients in large numbers to other RDO/TATOC resorts. Having researched the internet regarding holiday complaints I found the following; Loss of Enjoyment – recovering an amount for the inconvenience and disappointment caused to you. A quote on ‘tripadvisor’ dating back to 13th December 2011 (Search. Tripadvisor for “Beware of Anfi rep at Thomas Cook welcome meeting” 13th December 2011.), was 3 years 7 months before my email to the Sales Director. I wonder how many children and families have had part of their holiday ruined by T/C reps who fail to comply with Timeshare legislation? I wonder if Loss of Enjoyment would apply to Companies who allow their Holiday Representatives to breach the 2 Laws quoted in this thread, reply #1?