Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare Newbie question -

[Q=theodoref18] Also im not trying to gloat or anything i just want people out there who are getting shafted by timeshare con artists that there is options available to them other than just giving them your money and getting nothing out of it- I would recommend anyone who made have already have bad credit or unpaid bills and my be in the same boat - To go ahead and use the options available to them and then do the bankruptcy option if you need an exit strategy - Maybe if more people started doing this then maybe the timeshare people would clean up the game and instead of scamming so many they might get a better reputation and value -[/Q] Yes bankruptcy is a legitimate option for some but it is stinky to go buy a timeshare when you are already contemplating bankruptcy as your out strategy.. And in terms of cleaning up the industry, it would help if buyers took some more responsibility and read their contracts and did some research either before signing or immediately after when purchasing a $10,000-$50,000 product and rescinded during the normal legally mandated "cooling off"/rescission period. You are sticking it to the developer but you are sticking it to other owners as well. I own at Grandview and will likely see an increase in my MF to cover delinquencies like yours when you could have so easily avoided it by not signing the contract and walking away with you gifts.