Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

When reading the MC motion at the Class action case I am getting impressed with the MC tricks on how they explain lack of reservation. The owner-plaintiff could not get usage from 2006 until 2012. When the owner called the club, no reservations were available. MC says it's not their fault because the owner converted interest into points in the RCI system at the time of the sales pitch in 2006. Therefore the owner had to make all of their reservations for MC through RCI and not through the Manhattan Club. If that's the case, can any one imagine that owners were calling MC for six years, several times per year, for reservations, and been never told they supposed to call RCI, not MC (???). Looking at the plaintiff records, my contract has the same features, same price, and included MC reservations AND RCI points, as an addition to the Deeded purchase. That means that upon my choice I can make reservations at MC OR use points through RCI. At my Purchase Agreement there is no a word about RCI. A few times ago I paid my fees over the phone with MC and was transferred to the Reservation department at the moment of payment submission. As they say "now you are able to make reservations". As per my understanding from the owners' posts, contracts where RCI replaces MC direct reservation appeared at the latest sales but not at the years 2006-2009. Can anybody share and post their experience?