Report Abuse

Re: Is Getting Rid of Timeshares a Problem?

[Q=jlb] Well, so we have one guy saying something can't be done because he doesn't personally know it's being done, and we have another guy saying something can be done because he personally knows it is being done.[/Q] A simplistic and grossly inaccurate summation, but you are certainly entitled to express an opinion, even one clearly less than fully informed. This is, after all, a discussion forum. For the record, after several decades of timeshare ownership I too am personally familiar with several HOA's at (independent) resorts at which we own intervals that will, in fact, accept some deedbacks if the owner account is current and not in arrears. In each of those instances however, the growing number of HOA-owned weeks (for which NO ONE pays maintenance fees until or unless those intervals get resold) places a significant strain on resort finances. All remaining owners then have to "pick up the slack" of the financial shortfall. Personally, I do not view that as a viable or sustainable "solution" for any resort, despite the obvious immediate benefit to those abandoning their intervals to the HOA. You appear to believe that you alone have all the answers on this topic. I wonder if your sadly narrow perspective would be broadened by some time sitting on a HOA BoD --- if you could get elected in the first place. In any case, enjoy your monologue. Happy Holidays.