Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare beware

We bought our first one over 20 yrs. ago. Yes, we sat thru the developer razzle dazzle and bought in. Wish I had know of sites like Red week, TUG before we bought in. The one thing we do right is we bought it at a place we loved and go back to yr. after yr. Now a multiple owner, but still not only investing in but places we could rent, because of popularity, and we also enjoyed going back to. We never started off with the idea of making money on our purchases, but it has worked to our benefit. If you are interested in owning, the one thing I can't emphasize enough is BUY RESALE......Rent at some different resorts you find interesting(from owners) choose one you would go back to again and again if need be. Resale gets you pennies on the dollar verses developer prices. At a couple of thousand on a resale verses anywhere from 250.00 to 400.00 and up on a hotel for 7 nights makes it a no brainer. You MUST ASK YOURSELF, am I prepared to MF's that will never go down and only rise, and will be a pain to sell, if you make the wrong choice. When we first bought in we were young, good jobs(now retired) and could travel at the drop of a hat, kids grown, etc. Now because of us doing our home work, we are able to enjoy our TS's and still travel. You have taken the first step in educating yourself by checking the forms. You will find all sorts of horror stories of people being scammed or suckered in. Just do your home work. GOOD LUCK