Report Abuse

Re: anyone hear of Timeshare clearing house in Louisville ky

5/19/17- total scam. We went to a free dinner at a local restaurant and told the guy right up front we were not listening to a sales pitch. The invite came via a phone call a week earlier, and the woman said it was for Marriott owners to talk about their increasing fees and enhanced ownership benefits. The guy never gave us his name - I had to ask for it- and for the first hour of the thing, I thought he was with the Marriott. Then he said no, he wasn't a Marriott employee- he was affiliated with RCI. So for the next 2 hours, I thought he was with RCI. It wasn't until I saw a piece of paper that said Timeshare Clearinghouse that I asked him point blank who he worked for, and again he replied he was affiliated with RCI. And I said, yes- but who do you work for? Then he finally told me Timeshare Clearinghouse. I asked a lot of questions, and a few times he was joined by another person who acted totally perplexed why we weren't totally convinced of this deal. There really is no benefit for people wanting to use points for a nice resort- and you'd have the option of using your Timeshare points - but if you use the system you'd have a fee ($189). They wanted almost $4k to have that option, and explained that it could also be an exit strategy for people wanting to get rid of their Timeshare. They offered 0% interest for 100 months, which didn't seem too bad until you read the fine print that they open a credit card for you, and it's for six billing cycles only, (and you have to qualify for the 0% too)- after which they continue to open other 0% credit cards for you to transfer the balance remaining- providing you continue to qualify for 0%- otherwise interest rates could be up to 29.9%. For 100 months- could take 7-10 credit cards before you're done, depending on your balance! Little to NO benefit gained- and lots of money out of your pocket. I don't know why anyone would work for these people unless out of desperation. I thank God we didn't fall for it!! Thank you to all who posted here, because I started reading reviews and realized it was a total SCAM!!!