Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

[Q=jackiem331]After 4 years of trying to use the fastweeks or sell the 20 weeks we have and a contract giving us $2,600 a week for 4 weeks a year totaling $10,400 a year for 5 years I no longer know what to do. Grand Mayan won't answer my inquiries on my travelpass... What ever you can do to help would be so appreciated.[/Q] Firstly, I would start by removing your contact information from a public forum like this. Providing your personal info along with stating your plight will start inviting scam artists and other unscrupulous operations to start contacting you. I don't know much about these "Fast Weeks" but I am assuming that when you bought at the GM, the sales person told you that this said company will rent out your weeks for you @ $2600 per week. Sadly, this is a common line (and outright lie) that sales people use to get you to buy timeshares in Mexico. Grand Mayan units do not rent out for $2600 per week. Take a look at reputable timeshare websites to see what the going rate is for the Grand Mayan. Some owners are happy just to get $1000 per week, if that. And if you are trying to sell, you do not have 20 weeks to sell. In Mexico, timeshares are usually Right-to-use (RTU) which means you do not have a deed, just a contract to pay maintenance fees which, in turn, allows you to use or rent out your unit. Most Mexican RTU timeshares have no resale value. No sane buyer is going to pay you thousands of dollars for your contract. If you want to terminate your contract, you can see if the contract allows an out for you by simply stop paying your maintenance fees. Or, you can try listing your unit for giveaway here on RedWeek's sales section. But whatever you do, never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. I might have said this too late as it seems you might have already paid this one company a fee to rent out your "Fast Weeks". If so, do not pay out any more!