Report Abuse

Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

[Q=elainef88]I read thru some of these posts and just am amazed at how many of you signed contracts you didn't want. You could have voided that agreement before leaving the property.[/Q] Yes, it is amazing...until you have actually sat through one of those presentations. Then you will realize why some people sign these contracts. And yes, everyone should accept responsibility for his own actions such as thinking that the "gift" offered for sitting through a presentation comes with no strings attached; or failing to read what the person signed. But I also lay some of the blame on the sales people and their upper management for the way they carry out these sales presentations. And as for your purchase, hey, I am happy for you that things are working out for you. I am happy for you that what you purchased suits your vacation needs, preferences, and lifestyle. But for many who purchased, their needs and circumstances change. Correct me if I'm wrong here but you say that you only pay maintenance fees on years/weeks when you use it. Don't these units usually get charged from time to time a special assessment or an upkeep/renovation fee even if you don't use it?