Report Abuse

Re: Better Business Lodging

Its not that I am reluctant to put forth time and effort, I'm just not very internet savvy and get tired easy so I cant see myself out there trying to talk to people about my timeshare. Besides that I also don't really understand what I have or the best way to use it. When it was purchased the rep told me that I could rent it out to pay maintenance fees and such but he is yet to even return any of my many calls. I checked with Ebay but even they charge and it requires some work as well and there is no guarantee that anything will get done once I pay them. I also see lots of timeshares there for $1 and I cannot even begin to fathom letting ours go for that low, heck we owe way more than that. Ken and Lance you guys have been great, thank you so much for your help. I will take all your advice into consideration. [Q=lancec13] [Q=loisb156]I do not have the time or energy to sell it myself so I know that I will have to pay someone sooner or later. Thanks for your help[/Q] Ken 1193 has given you some good advice but I will add this. As reluctant as you are to put forth some time and effort, doing so could literally save you thousands of dollars. That might be worth the time and effort. First of all, maybe check E-Bay. If you have an account, log into it. Then search for units in the resort where you own and check completed sales, not active listings, to see what units at that resort actually sold for. You might be surprised to see that some are selling for peanuts with the owner offering to pay closing costs. On the other hand, they might have sold for a few thousand. If yours is in the former category, I would suggest just trying to give it away. That might be pretty quick and painless (something that you are apparently looking for). If that is the case, then try advertising that you want to give your unit away. If you offer to pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee, you might find a taker fairly quickly.[/Q]