Report Abuse

Upfront fees redux...

Makes perfect sense about ARDA I had never thought about it like that. And as for Better Business Bureau I totally agree. I think they just extort companies and mislead people so rarely do I go off of what the BBB says or recommends even less now that I know they are not a government agency. Thank you for your knowledge and time. [Q=ken1193] [Q=loisb156] So are you saying that ARDA is not credible? Those were just the first few links that I found when looking into the two that you mentioned but I did find more after posting. None of which I care to post about since that is not my goal of what I'm trying to achieve. What are your thoughts on the BBB?[/Q] the RD in ARDA stands for Resort Developers; you can draw your own conclusions. ARDA represents the timeshare developers, not timeshare consumers. I am not impugning ARDA's "credibility", I am merely noting exactly who they REPRESENT --- and it surely isn't YOU! BBB is a commercial business membership "club", which virtually any business willing to pay for membership can join. BBB has absolutely no legal authority or any real horsepower. I suppose there is some inherent value in being a repository for "complaints" that others might see and then be wary, but I'm not impressed by a "club" with no real muscle or any legal authority whatsoever. You may well have a different opinion; you asked for mine. I would also note that when a slippery operation receives a sufficient number of unresolved BBB complaints and thereby acquires a low BBB "rating", the unsavory operation simply changes their company name in order to "create a clean slate". Still the same weasels with the same ill intent, but they may not have (...yet) managed to amass very many filed BBB complaints with their new "clean slate". When they do (and they will), they just simply "reinvent" themselves once again with a brand new name. Caveat Emptor --- Buyer Beware![/Q]