Report Abuse

Re: refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

[Q=crystalt86] My husband and I were charged over $1700.00 upfront fees from www.sellmytimesharenow.com. We have found out it is illegal for them to do so. We contacted them to get our fee back. But they refused to do so stating they are not a sales company but they just list. However, when we signed up we were told part of our fee goes towards closing. My husband and I will be reporting them to Pam Bondi Flordia Attorney General, BBB, Federal Trade Commission and others. We will be requesting a class action lawsuit. Sell My Timeshare Now WILL be required to refund us because they have broken the law. [/Q] I have NO use for SMTN, but I still believe that you are entirely mistaken about SMTN "breaking the law". SMTN has been in business (and thriving) for quite some time. No offense, but you surely will NOT be obtaining any refund, no matter to whom you complain. If you succeed in doing so, you'll frankly be the FIRST. It is NOT "illegal" for SMTN to collect hefty fees from people who are willing to voluntarily pony up (far too much) money just to "list" their timeshares. SMTN is nothing more than a (overpriced) "advertising" site; they have never been (and they will never be) anything more. SMTN makes NO active effort to "sell" timeshares. Their work is (lawfully) done when they "list" timeshares for owners who (over)pay to "advertise" there. SMTN listings are also usually (although not always) priced at numbers that no one would pay in the first place. Even if / when a prospective buyer is interested, learning about the inflated and excessive associated closing costs usually sends them running in the opposite direction. I'm sorry that you fell for the SMTN pitch. Although I sincerely wish you luck, I think you are deluding yourself believing for one moment that you will receive any of your money back after CHOOSING to overpay a nearly useless "listing" service to advertise on their site.