Report Abuse

BBB Results

I just went to the BBB Web site and found some GOOD Reviews for those Selling their Timeshares through "Time Share Clearing House". That is something they just brushed over. But there were MORE Negative Reviews than positive ones. Here are a few samples that sound VERY similar to what we just got back from hearing. 6 Problems with Product/Service Complaint I’m writing this letter for I am in desperate need of your assistance. In October I received a phone call from an exchange company by the name of Timeshare Clearing House. They provided lunch at ****** ***** and offered a program which would include access to two exchange companies *** and ********... International. This service was suppose guarantee you unlimited vacation opportunities throughout the year (2017). I activated my web account and noted that there were no points for me to use On October 19th To date they have charged my line of credit for $7,400 and I have not received any of the benefits they stated that would be provided. Every time I email or speak to my so called adviser the matter just gets worst. I did not receive effort points to book trips, airfare and now the points that the listed on the site have disappeared and now they have showed upon the *** site; which expire on 11/30/16. I want my line of credit refunded, this company seem to be targeting senior s on a fixed incomes. Please help.. (Show More of Complaint) Desired Resolution I want Timeshare Clearing House to refund my credit line and close the account Consumer Business Dialog Business I am responding the above complaint. We have reached out to this client and we are working through the confusion. This client has already sent another response to the BBB explaining that we are working together to satisfy her. Thanks, ******* **... *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse **** ********* **** ***** *** *********** ** ***** ****** ************ **** ************ ***** ** ** *** ****** ******** ****** Consumer ********** ********* ******* ********** ***** * ****** ***** **** *** *** **** ** **** ** ******** *** *** **** * *** ******* **** *** ********** *** ********* ********* Good afternoon ******, Thank you for your email; I have also been in contact with Angie Estes and responded to her December 15th email; see my response below. Via your email I have also noted the web response from Timeshare Clearing Houses President. I have talked to Jay Bowling in response to my complaint on the BBB site; in doing so he stated that he will to work with me; and will try his best to ensure that I am satisfied. Note: January 2017 Timeshare Clearinghouse will be posting credits to my account at that time our partnership will begin in addition I should be able to book trips. How well their program works will determine my satisfaction, I will share my experience at that time. Yours truly, **** ****** (Show More of Consumer Business Dialog) 9/20/2016 Billing/Collection Issues Complaint Timeshare Clearinghouse opened unauthorized loans in my wife and Mine names. They did so without proper consent. The loan money was withdrawn and now we are being billed for approximately $40000 from three different lenders. We did not receive the cash withdrawn and they have not returned our... attempts to contact them. We are now being billed by the three lenders. We are on fixed incomes. (Show More of Complaint) Desired Resolution We need resolution of the unauthorized loans and refunds made to the lenders of money Consumer Business Dialog Business Please allow this email to be my official response to the above complaint. I have spoken with this client multiple times and his daughter, who has POA for both of her parents. After discussing what transpired, all parties agree that no wrong doing occurred. The clients are... happy and satisfied with the transaction with Timeshare Clearinghouse. Thanks, Jeff ******* ** *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse **** ********* **** ***** *** *********** ** ***** ****** ************ **** ************ Consumer [I would like to provide input into the complaint raised by my stepfather, ****** ******. My parents are elderly and did not have a clear understanding of the process that was to occur and Mr. **** ***** from Timeshare Clearinghouse worked with myself and my stepfather, ****** ****** to resolve the issue to our satisfaction. Please consider this a formal response to the complaint.Respectfully yours,********** *****] Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and find that this resolution would be satisfactory to me. I will wait for the business to perform this action and, if it does, will consider this complaint resolved. Regards, ****** ****** (Show More of Consumer Business Dialog) 8/31/2016 Advertising/Sales Issues Complaint Phone call from this company said they were reviewing changes in ********* and *** terms of use. At a dinner meeting held at *** ******* in Creve Coeur, MO, the presented a plan to reduce our out of pocket maintenance fees by transferring points to *** and we could use rentals to earn back money... to cover the maintenance fees. I called *** and *** person I talked to said they did not know of this company, I have since found the following information from *** that this is a scam. They are not connected to *** at all. Found this Resale and Relief Advisory from *** Web site -**************************************************** *** has learned that so-called 'transfer', 'relief' or 'rescue' companies are soliciting timeshare owners to participate in their programs. The initial solicitation often comes in the form of a letter or email directing the owner to call to avoid a planned increase in maintenance fees or participate in a program that may eliminate the owner's maintenance fees altogether. When the owner calls, she or he may be invited to attend a pitch meeting (often at a local hotel or restaurant) to discuss the transfer company's '100% guaranteed' solution. The owner may be asked to pay a large upfront fee (positioned as a fee to cover title and other expenses associated with the sale). In many situations the transfer company will not commit to a date by which the timeshare will be transferred or explain what steps it will take to transfer ownership. Unfortunately, I fell for this scam from Timeshare Clearing house and they required $11,147 and opened a 0% interest credit card and said they would do all this work to continue to find 0% interest rate credit cards when this one neared the expiration of the credit card. I called *** Mastercard and said that I had been scammed and wanted to contest the charges. I've tried to contact the "primary point of contact" with no calls returned. I received a call from another company and thought it was related to this one and got suspicious and investigated further and discovered that *** has no dealings with this company (Show More of Complaint) Desired Resolution I want the full amount credited to credit card immediately. Consumer Business Dialog Business I have spoken with this client and assured her we will work through her concerns. I refunded her purchase, in full, to show her that we are a legitimate company. She has agreed that once the refund is deposited into her account, she would like us to contact her and start over.... Thanks, **** ******* ** ***** President Timeshare Clearinghouse 4229 Bardstown Road Suite 318 Louisville, KY 40218 ****** ************ **** ************ Consumer Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and find that this resolution would be satisfactory to me. I will wait for the business to perform this action and, if it does, will consider this complaint resolved. I am waiting on confirmation from the credit card company that the credit has been received but it may take a couple of weeks. Until then, I would like to keep this complaint in an open status. As soon as that is confirmed, I will be willing to close the complaint. Regards, ***** **** (Show More of Consumer Business Dialog) Read More Customer Complaints: 1 2 The Business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer did not accept the response, OR BBB has not heard back from the consumer as to their satisfaction. (2 complaints) 12/19/2016 Advertising/Sales Issues Complaint In November of 2015, my husband and I attended dinner at a restaurant in ******, NJ where we met **** ********, ****** *******, and **** ****** of Timeshare Clearinghouse. Their promotion was to help us trade in our ******* timeshare points and purchase an *** timeshare from them instead since it... would be much more economical. At the time, we owed $30,399.31 to ******* and the new *** was $ 31,289.00 which they put on 2 separate credit cards at a 0% introductory rate, one in my name and one in my husbands. There was a separate fee of $1500.00 paid directly to an attorney who was to help us break the contract with *******. We made it very clear that we could not afford to pay for both timeshares, and they all assured us that would not happen. It’s a year later and we are still working directly with the attorney to help break the contract with *******. ****** ******* and **** ****** no longer work for Timeshare Clearinghouse, and **** *****, President and CEO seems only interested in making money for his company. In fact, Mr. ***** told me that they never would have made this kind of offer to us if there was nothing in it for them. He said that Mr. ****** was fired for not returning phone calls, but he doesn’t return them either. In fact, the only time Mr. ***** has ever called me was when I told him that I planned to contact the BBB. He only e-mailed me once with a contract to sell the *** timeshare, and offered to charge us "only a 10% sales fee", since he claims that they usually get 50%. (Show Less of Complaint) Desired Resolution We want all of the money that we paid to Timeshare Clearinghouse refunded, plus the transfer fees that we had to pay to move the original purchase to another 0% credit card. Consumer Business Dialog Business I am aware of this clients complaint and we have been working to resolve it and make her happy. We have spoken with the attorney, who was retained to legally pursue ******* resorts and she is finalizing that part of the transaction. As far as the other product purchased, we have... fulfilled our portion. What her complaint leaves out is the reason she no longer wants the timeshare she purchased. She informed me one year after the purchase, in a letter and by phone, that her husband has had more surgery and they will no longer be able to travel. She asked if we would assist her in the sale of the timeshare and I happily agreed. I explained that we do receive payment for completing the sale, deeding, recording and transfer of that sale. Those fees do not come to us, but are paid by us to third parties, including County courthouse and resorts. I discounted our fees to cover those fees. ******* ** *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse **** ********* **** ***** *** *********** ** *********** ************ **** ************ ***** ** ** *** ****** ******** ****** Consumer Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.The attorney and I have spoken many times, and we have a contract with her directly. She said that she is no longer accepting any business from Timeshare Clearinghouse, and she is not directly affiliated with them. This is not the wonderful deal we were promised at the sales pitch. Our expectation from that was that we would be done with *******, and could use the *** one instead, and end up paying a lot less money. Regardless of whether my husband can travel or not, we had many phone calls with **** ****** for months about all of this which Mr. ***** claims he does not have any record of in his system. Mr. ****** tried to pitch me on how we could “make money by renting” the *** timeshare, and when I refused, he told me that he would talk to Mr. ******** and see what they could do to help us somehow, and said that we could sell it “internally “without a contract. I stupidly believed him when he told me he had two offers, but they weren’t high enough, so he would keep working on it. When I asked the amount of the offers, he said he would get back to me, and when he didn’t I called and discovered that he was gone from the company.That was when I asked Mr. ***** about the possibility of selling the *** one to be nice, and to see if he would be willing to help us in any way. I expected that he would respond with “I’m sorry things aren’t working out as we promised, and we’ll give you a refund”. To my surprise, he tried to send me a contract with a 50% sales fee, and “kindly” dropped it down to 10% when I expressed my shock at his offer. He also indicated that they could not guarantee a sale in any case. This whole deal was misrepresented from the start. We have continued to pay for the ******* timeshare this whole year, and now owe approx. $5,000 less to them than a year ago. We are still paying for the *** one, and have recently gotten more bills for the maintenance fees for close to another $2,500. We were supposed to get all kinds of support from Timeshare Clearinghouse to end the ******* contract and we have gotten nothing. We were very clear from the beginning that we could not afford both.We believe now that this whole thing is a scam. Timeshare Clearinghouse encouraged us to open 2 new credit cards, and in order to keep a 0% interest rate, recommended transferring the balance to other 0% credit cards when the initial term on the first ones expired, so we wouldn’t incur any interest while “we are waiting” for ******* to relinquish our contract. In essence, what that did was to get them paid in full by the credit card company immediately, and not allow us to report them as the fraud that we believe they are.We are not satisfied with this response at all, and want a full refund of everything we paid to Timeshare Clearinghouse, as well as any fees we have incurred. Regards, ******* ******** Business Good morning. Please allow this to serve as my response to the follow up regarding the above client. I have spoken to this client and am unable to provide the outcome that she is wanting. At time of sale, they executed contracts with my company and hired an attorney, that we recommended for another transaction. My company has fulfilled every part of the executed contract. I have offered a solution, allowing us to re sell her timeshare, but she has refused that option. At this time, I do not know what else I can do. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Sincerely, ******* *. *****PresidentTimeshare Clearinghouse 4229 Bardstown Road Suite 318Louisville, KY 40218****** ************ **** ************ ***** ** ** *** ****** ******** ****** Consumer Better Business Bureau: I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ********, and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below. Mr. ***** simply restated that he would offer a 10% fee if we wanted him to resell the timeshare we already purchased from him instead of his usual 50%. We already paid him more than $31,000 and now wants to make more from us. He also will not guarantee that any sale will happen in any case even if we decided to let him do it. He has not fulfilled his company representative's promises that we would be out of the ******* Timeshare. Again, this whole thing was misrepresented from the start and it is a scam. We want our money back. Regards, ******* ******** (