Report Abuse

Renting out your timeshare

[Q=michellec1034] How do you rent out your timeshare?[/Q] You first need to have (or make) a confirmed reservation. You can then advertise that reserved week for rent here on RedWeek or elsewhere. You should utilize a detailed rental contract once you find a tenant, to protect both parties and to clearly address payment, cancellation / refund terms, maximum unit occupancy, minimum age of the tenant signing the contract and / or occupying the unit. It's never a good idea to rent to college Spring Breakers; I always state a minimum age of 25 for the signatory in my rental contracts, with proof of age by government issued photo i.d. required at check-in, also requiring exact match with the name of the contract signatory (said name having already been provided to the resort by me before the occupancy date). Requiring that "exact match" i.d. eliminates the possibility of Mommy and Daddy signing the contract and paying for the rental, only to have their college age progeny actually show up to occupy the unit. That just ain't [b]ever[/b] gonna happen in [b]my[/b] timeshare units. Good luck.