Report Abuse

Groupwise inc, anyone here heard of them ?

Yes they took me for $8000. Went to a high pressure meeting at a hotel in Savannah Ga Told the group that your children will be stuck with the tax and maintenance charges forever. Took the fee up front had you sign a contract. Gave you a closing date you would do at your bank. You would need to have two witness pay them $10.00 each and get a medallion seal from the notary. on the documents . This would take about 3 months. A month down the road I was contacted by Windham Resorts International and was told that they would recover my timeshare Through a program called Ovation at no cost to me. I called Orange Lake Country Club they agreed to the same thing and so did Great Eastern Resorts. I called GroupWise and told them I wanted my money back and that i wasn't going to the closing and that I still had my deeds. They said keep them, they only wanted my money and that they had that, they hung up on me. The money was given via my American Express Credit, they gave me my money back, but when GroupWise sent them a copy of the paperwork they gave the money back to GroupWise. I am 75 years old and am thinking of filing bankruptcy credit cards are unsecured loans think about it. Am i worried about my credit rating, I don't think so. American Express is looking further into this scam. I get 2-3 call a week offering to help me get rid of my time shares. You can do it your self call the owners of the timeshare facility its worth the call.