Report Abuse

Re: Buying Marriott Destinations points

I would always recommend buying on the resale market. If you want to travel worldwide, why Marriott? There are many timeshares that you can use to travel to different destinations other than Marriott. Also, I would advise to stay away from any points program. As a 15 year timeshare veteran as a sales and marketing professional, I would never advise anyone to purchase points for three reasons. 1. There are no additional guarantees compared to other programs, except flexibility, but you will pay fees. 2. The points inflate. Therefore, you will always have to continue purchasing points in order to use new resorts. Unless it is written in the contract, because new resorts typically require more points. 3. You lose control of what you own. A deeded week is the best and you can still travel worldwide. If that is their policy, why buy from them when you have so much to choose from? I have stayed at Marriott's as a timeshare owner and I do not own at Marriott. If Marriott charges for the transfer, the current owner should be willing to pay. Otherwise, use Redweek's resale site and purchase something from them. They've got great prices.