Report Abuse

Re: If you've been scammed by Sell My Timeshare Now ....

[Q=donnar583]We really do need to unload out timeshare though. We cannot continue to keep it.[/Q] Well you're off to a good start by not using Sell My Timeshare Now. Another piece of advice is to not use any other company that claims it can "cancel" your timeshare. Is the mortgage paid off? If so, then you have a good chance to get rid of it if you're willing to put in a little time and effort. If your unit is with Wyndham, Diamond, or Westgate, then check their respective deed back programs. For instance Wyndham has Ovation. These companies might/will charge you a fee to give back but it will be well worth it. If your unit is not with either of these companies, then try asking the resort if it will take your unit back. Even if the resort charges you closing costs and/or the next maintenance fee, it will be a clean, reasonably cost-effective exit. You might want to state, in no uncertain terms, that you are not going to pay another nickel in maintenance fees and it would be in the best interests of all for the resort to take your unit back. You could also try advertising here on RedWeek or other reputable web sites (My Resort Network, TUG, E-Bay, etc.) that you want to give your unit away. Maybe volunteer to pay closing costs and, if really serious about giving it away, paying the next maintenance fee.